How to get to Pilsen and around Pilsen
How to get to Pilsen
Distance from Prague: 91km, driving on D5 by car – 1 hour
GPS: information Centre: 49°44‘53.412“N, 13°22‘39.129“E
Paid parking lots and parking garages:
- Sady Pětatřicátníků: 49°44‘51.999“N, 13°22‘23.531“E
- Parking garage Rychtářka: 49°44‘59.849“N, 13°22‘52.255“E
Opening hours: 24/7
- Direct lines from Prague Main Station to Pilsen every hour, the duration of the journey is 95 minutes.
- Pilsen Main Railway Station – Czech Rail: Information tel.: +420 972 522 579, international desk tel.: +420 972 524 235.
From the Main Railway Station in Pilsen to the city centre: from the station to the right, by underpass to the tram stop (tram lines 1 and 2 towards Skvrňany, Bolevec). It is two stops to Republic Square. Public transport tickets are sold in the railway station hall (back left), desk No. 10 (Pilsen card/ Czech Rail courier), tel: +420 972 524 232.
- Direct route from Prague: from Florenc and Zličín at least once an hour, duration 60 minutes.
- International links to and from all neighbouring capitals and many other European cities (Munich, Nuremberg, Cologne, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Geneva etc.).
Pilsen Central Bus Station, Husova 60. Information tel.: +420 377 324 142.
From the Central Bus Station to the city centre: trolleybuses 12, 11 (Americká stop), or tram 2 (Republic Square stop), or 15 minutes on foot. Public transport tickets are sold at desk 2, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, tel.: +420 377 327 272.
How to get around Pilsen
Fares for public transport (bus, trolleybus and tram)
- A paper ticket for a single-journey adult fare is CZK 18, a fare for children aged 6–15 is CZK 9. An all-day adult fare is CZK 70 and must be filled in before travelling. Tickets are sold at the Information Centre on Republic Square, at the Central Bus Station, Main Railway Station and at some tobacconists. Tickets can be bought from the driver for an extra charge.
- Multi-journey SMS tickets for 35 minutes or 24 hours can be bought by sending a text message to 90206. www.pmdp.cz
Instead of getting around Pilsen by car or public transport, you can opt for an alternative, healthy way. Don’t walk, try our scooters! There will be several rental points around Pilsen where you can hire a scooter with your Pilsen Card. Thanks to our unique information system, during 2015 you will be able to return the scooter to a different point.